OASNP 2020 ANNUAL SPECIAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE
This year’s theme: Leaping Into the Future
- Reserve your room by February 24th for the OASNP Group rate at the Mohican State Park Resort and Conference Center (see below.)
- Download and mail your OASNP 2020 Conference Registration form by February 24th
- Or register online with a credit card on our Online PayPal OASNP Conference Registration page (see below.)
- Registration Forms for the 2020 Conference will be mailed to all OASNP members in January.
- For questions or more information, use our Contact Us page and we will get back to you quickly.
- Are you new to OASNP in the last two years? Mark “YES” on your registration for a chance to receive a conference scholarship!
The Ohio Association of Special Needs Professionals Annual Conference will be Friday and Saturday, February 28-29, 2020, at the Mohican State Park Resort and Conference Center, 4700 Goon Road, Perrysville, OH 44864. Directions can be found at http://www.mohicanstateparklodge.com/.
The content of the conference will appeal to Special Educators and Support Staff in Pre-K-12 School Districts as well as County Boards of DD. NEOEA members may apply for an NEOEA 2020 OASNP Scholarship Application for registration, mileage and lodging.
Bring ideas for OASNP Local Grants, as experienced members will be available to help you fill out the application. See the Grants page for sample grants that might work in your local.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the conclusion of the conference. Ohio Department Education and Developmental Disabilities Professional Development Units are pending.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, February 28, 2020
- 5:00 Registration
- 6:00 Dinner
- 7:00 Welcome and Greetings
- Christina West, OASNP Chairperson
- Scott DiMauro, OEA President
- 7:15 ODE Educator Code of Contact (NEW)
- Ellen Adornetto, UniServ Education Policy
- & Practice Consultant
- 7:45 Kick-off FCPE Drive,
Bob Matkowski, UniServ Organizer
- 8:00 Social Hour and Networking
Saturday, February 29, 2020
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 Legal Update
- Kathy McKinley, OEA Plan Attorney
- 10:30 Break – Hotel Check Out
- 1:00 Legislative Update
- Matt Dotson, OEA Lobbyist
- 12:00 OEA Special Education Work Group Update
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:30 Behavior Plans: Practical Information
- Izetta Thomas, Columbus Education Association
- 2:30 OASNP Annual Meeting: Elections; C&B Amendments
- 3:30 Wrap-up – Stay-to-the-End Raffle
Door Prizes! — Friends! — Fun!
Registration is limited – register early! Registration cost will be $35.00 for members and $45.00 for non-members who are eligible to be members, which will also cover the cost of joining OASNP for one year. Admission to all sessions, meals, snacks and two complimentary beverages from the lounge are included with registration. Guests are welcome for $70 to cover the cost of meals.
Register by February 24th using the OASNP 2020 Conference Registration form or our Online PayPal OASNP Conference Registration page, using a credit card or PayPal. Conference cancellations will be accepted until February 24th. Anyone who does not cancel by then and does not attend will be billed the cost of the meals. Room reservations must be made separately.*
*LODGING: by February 24th
Each participant must reserve their own lodging. The OASNP group rate is $103, plus tax, for a single or double room. If you need an ADA room or a room close to the activities, indicate that to the reservation specialist when you book you room. Contact Mohican Resort to make room reservations by February 24th at 1-800-AT A PARK. Mention you want rooms in the OASNP room block.
- Christina West – email@example.com – 330-540-5959
- Nikki Nadasky – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-718-3827.
See what we did last year. Go to the OASNP 2019 Annual Conference page.