OASNP 2019 ANNUAL SPECIAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE
This year’s theme: Advocacy for All
- Reserve your room by February 24th for the OASNP Group rate at the Mohican State Park Resort and Conference Center (see below.)
- Download and mail your OASNP 2019 Registration form by February 24th
- Or register online with a credit card on our Online PayPal OASNP Conference Registration page (see below.)
- Registration Forms for the 2019 Conference will be mailed to all OASNP members in January.
- For questions or more information, use our Contact Us page and we will get back to you quickly.
- Are you new to OASNP in the last two years? Mark “YES” on your registration for a chance to receive a conference scholarship!
The Ohio Association of Special Needs Professionals Annual Conference will be Friday and Saturday, March 1-2, 2019, at the Mohican State Park Resort and Conference Center, 4700 Goon Road, Perrysville, OH 44864. Directions can be found at http://www.mohicanstateparklodge.com/.
The content of the conference will appeal to Special Educators and Support Staff in Pre-K-12 School Districts as well as County Boards of DD. NEOEA members may apply for an NEOEA 2019 OASNP Scholarship Application for registration, mileage and lodging.
Bring ideas for OASNP Local Grants, as experienced members will be available to help you fill out the application. See the Grants page for sample grants that might work in your local.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the conclusion of the conference. Ohio Department Education and Developmental Disabilities Professional Development Units are pending.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, March 1, 2019
- 5:00 Registration
- 6:00 Dinner
- 7:00 Welcome
- Christina West, OASNP Chairperson
- OEA Officers and Candidates
- 7:15 Legislative Update
- Melissa Clark, OEA Lobbyist
- 7:45 Kick-off FCPE Drive
- Bob Matkowski, UniServ Organizer
- 8:00 Social Hour and Networking
Saturday, March 2, 2019
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 Legal Update
- Kathy McKinley, OEA Plan Attorney
- 10:30 Break – Hotel Check Out
- 11:30 Keynote Presentation:
- People First Ohio
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:30 OEA Special Education Work Group Update
- Daria DeNoia, UniServ Education Policy &
- Practice Consultant
- 2:30 OASNP Annual Meeting
- 3:30 Wrap-up – Stay-to-the-End Raffle
Door Prizes! — Friends! — Fun!
Registration is limited – register early! Registration cost will be $30.00 for members and $40.00 for non-members who are eligible to be members, which will also cover the cost of joining OASNP for one year. Admission to all sessions, meals, snacks and two complimentary beverages from the lounge are included with registration. Guests are welcome for $65 to cover the cost of meals.
Register by February 24th using the OASNP 2019 Registration form or our Online PayPal OASNP Conference Registration page, using a credit on PayPal. Conference cancellations will be accepted until February 24th. Anyone who does not cancel by then and does not attend will be billed the cost of the meals. Room reservations must be made separately.*
*LODGING: by February 24th
Each participant must reserve their own lodging. Note corrected room rates: The OASNP group rate is $103, plus tax, for an ADA queen or lodge double room, $115.00 for a view queen room. If you need an ADA room or a room close to the activities, indicate that to the reservation specialist when you book you room. Contact Mohican Resort to make room reservations by February 24th at 1-800-AT A PARK. Mention you want rooms in the OASNP room block.
- Christina West – email@example.com – 330-540-5959
- Nikki Nadasky – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-718-3827.