OEA Special Education Members – Join OASNP!
- Are you:
- Working with students with special needs?
- Advocating for Students with Special Needs?
- Co-teaching and/or a Support Staff, Para, ESP?
- Looking for resources or answers?
- Then OASNP is for you!
- Add just $10 to your annual OEA dues.
- OASNP Landing Page on OEA website
- OASNP Online Enrollment Page
- Your Membership Application will be forwarded to your Local Association Treasurer so your $10 OASNP dues can be added to your OEA dues for next year.
- We will add you to our membership list immediately.
Unable to get on Payroll Deductions?
- We understand that some OEA members are from Local Associations that are unable to add an OEA associate organization like OASNP directly to their membership or enjoy payroll deduction. You can still support OASNP:
- Use the OASNP Online Enrollment Page to provide your contact information.
- Then Click here to go to PayPal and set up OASNP continuing membership.
- No need for a PayPal account just use your credit card.
- For those still playing with multipart OEA Membership Forms, check the Box for OASNP on your OEA Membership Form.
Get on the mailing list right now! Drop us a note on our Contact Us page.
Retired or nearing retirement? – Lifetime OASNP-Retired Dues are $35.00. Stay in touch with your colleagues and profession. Attend OASNP events.
Click to UPDATE your OASNP Membership, Contact, and Email information.
OASNP (Ohio Association of Special Needs Professionals) is a Department of OEA that advocates for the unique needs of OEA members working in Special Education. OASNP brings your issues to OEA.
Your $10 annual OASNP membership provides:
- Advocacy for OEA members serving individuals with special needs.
- OASNP appoints members to each of the OEA Standing Committees to assure that the voice of special needs educators are heard.
- Annual Special Education Conference with current topics, professional and legal updates, and networking opportunities.
- Assistance with Local Professional Development Programs.
- Assistance with Local Contract Language addressing Special Education issues.
- Local Public Relations Grant program of up to $250 for locals.
- Delegate Caucus at the OEA Representative Assemblies.
- Email Bulletins and a quarterly newsletter – The OASNP Newsline.
- Facebook group for OASNP members: facebook.com/groups/OASNP/
- Monitoring of legislation that affects OASNP members.
- Executive Board meetings throughout the year.
- Regional meetings and Subcommittee structure
- Expense support for OASNP leadership to represent your interests to OEA leadership.
OASNP is the evolution of Ohio Association of Developmental Disabilities Professionals (OADDP). Members recognized the need to change the name and shift the focus to the needs of OEA Members working in Special Education in local school districts. Since 1983, OADDP had been focused on the needs of OEA members working at County Boards of DD. As County DD programs continued to be phased out and privatized, students with DD have joined their peers with special needs in the local school districts. OADDP leadership recognized the need for change and at the Fall 2017 OEA Representative Assembly, delegates created an OEA Special Education Work Group making a commitment to address the unique needs of OEA members, including support staff, working in all areas of special education. Over the next few years, the work group reviewed special education issues and provided recommendations to the various OEA Standing Committees for action. In March 2018, at the OASNP annual meeting and conference, members amended the C&B and Mission Statement to focus on OEA members working in Special Education in local school districts.