Conference notes of OASNP member forum at the OEA Leadership Academy
Friday, June 17, 1:00– 2:30 PM – Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
We were able to reschedule the conference for immediately at the conclusion of the OEA Leadership Academy on Friday, June 17, 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
75 East State Street Columbus Ohio 43215 USA
in the “Judicial Room”
This is a drive-in meeting – You DO NOT need to attend the OEA Academy.
“Teamwork Makes the Dream Work”
An open forum brainstorming session:
- special education personnel discussing
- working across job descriptions
- utilizing community resources
- encouraging parent involvement
General Membership Meeting
We will hold an Election of Officers for our Executive Board.
- Chairperson, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer
- Six – At-Large Representatives
Two-year terms – beginning immediately.
Download flyer: Conference Flyer 2022
January 21, 2022 –
We are sorry to announce that the conference will be POSTPONED until later in the spring so that we can provide a better experience for members.
OASNP ANNUAL SPECIAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE 2022
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!
- The Ohio Association of Special Needs Professionals Annual Special Education Conference will be Saturday, February 26, 2022, on Zoom
- Join us for a Virtual Happy Hour on Friday, February 25, 2022, 7:00-8:00
- The content of the conference will focus on identifying issues confronting Special Education Teams.
- Certificates of attendance will be sent at the conclusion of the conference.
- Registration invitation will be sent to OASNP members and selected OEA members.
- Registration is required with no cost for OEA members.
- Not yet a member of OASNP? You can join here.
- 7:00 – 8:00 Virtual Happy Hour
- 9:00 Welcome, Greetings, & Updates –
- Christina West, OASNP Chairperson
- 9:15 The world as it is and the world as it should be.
- Matt Ides, Organizer
- Who is your Special Education Team and what are their needs?
- What workshops/conferences do you want in your region/local?
- 10:00 Kick-off OEA Fund Drive –
- Dan Ramos, Political Advocacy Consultant
- 10:15 Legal Update –
- Rachel Reight, OEA Plan Attorney (Equity Issues)
- 11:45 Legislative Update –
- Melissa Clark, OEA Lobbyist
- 12:45 Teamwork Makes the Dream Work – panel –
- working across team roles;
- community resources; parent involvement
- 2:00 OASNP Annual Meeting – Election of OASNP Officers and
- six At-Large Representatives for a two-year term 2022-2024,
- taking office immediately upon election.
- 2:45 Wrap-up – Stay-to-the-End Raffle
Christina West – email@example.com – 330-540-5959
Nikki Nadasky – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-718-3827
Contact us at email@example.com with your questions.