OADDP 2016 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Jumping Into the New Frontier
- Online PayPal OADDP Conference Registration Page with a credit card.
- You may download and mail your OADDP Registration 2016. (Registration Forms for the 2016 Conference will be mailed to all OADDP members.)
- For questions or more information, use our Contact Us page and we will get back to you quickly.
- Are you new to OADDP in the last two years? Mark “YES” on your registration for a chance to receive a conference scholarship!
The Ohio Association of Developmental Disabilities Professionals Annual Conference will be Friday and Saturday, March 4-5, 2016, at the Mohican State Park Resort and Conference Center, 4700 Goon Road, Perrysville, OH 44864. Directions can be found at http://www.mohicanstateparklodge.com/.
The content of the conference will appeal to both County Board of DD members,
as well as Special Educators in Local School Districts. NEOEA members may apply for an NEOEA OADDP Conference Scholarship of up to $200 for registration, mileage and lodging.
Bring ideas for OADDP Local Grants, as experienced members will be available to help you fill out the application. See the Grants page for sample grants that might work in your local.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the conclusion of the conference. Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities Professional Development Units are pending.
TENTATIVE – SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, March 4, 2016
- 5:00 Registration
- 6:00 Dinner
- 7:00 Legislative Update –
- Melissa Clark, OEA Government Relations
- 7:30 Social Hour and Networking
Saturday, March 5, 2016
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 FCPE Drive Kick-off
- Christina West, OADDP Chairperson
- Bob Matkowski, OEA Organizing
- 9:45 Welcome and Remarks
- Becky Higgins, OEA President
- Scott DiMauro, OEA Vice President
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45 Legal Update –
- Kathy McKinley, OEA Plan Attorney
- 12:15 Friend of DD Award Presentation
- 12:30 Lunch
- Megan Rothermel, ARC Portage
- 1:15 Featured Speaker –
- Harvey Yager, SupportForYouDD.com, Painesville
- 2:45 OADDP Annual Meeting –
- Officer Elections
- possible Constitution & Bylaws amendment
- 3:15 Wrap-up
- Stay-to-the-End Raffle
Door Prizes! — Friends! — Fun!
Registration is limited – register early! Registration cost will be $25.00 for members and $35.00 for non-members who are eligible to be members, which will also cover the cost of joining OADDP. Admission to all sessions, meals, snacks and two complimentary beverages from the lounge are included with registration. Guests are welcome for $65 to cover the cost of meals.
Register by March 1st using the OADDP Registration 2016 or online, using PayPal or a credit card. Cancellations will be accepted until March 1st. Anyone who does not cancel by then and does not attend will be billed the cost of the meals. Room reservations must be made separately.*
Each participant must reserve their own lodging. The OADDP group rate is $109, plus tax, for a single or double room, $10.00 additional for a third person. The same rate is available for Saturday night, if you want to make a weekend of it! If you need and ADA room or a room close to the activities, indicate that to the reservation specialist when you book you room. Contact Mohican Resort to make room reservations by February 26th at 1-800-AT A PARK. Mention you want rooms in the OADDP room block.