Registration Forms for the 2014 Conference have been mailed to all OADDP members.
- Download OADDP 2014 Conference Registration Information.
- Download OADDP 2014 Conference Registration Form.
- You may download and mail your OADDP 2014 Conference Registration Form.
- OR – Click here for: Online PayPal Registration information.
- For questions or more information, use our Contact Us page and we will get back to you quickly.
The 2014 Ohio Association of Developmental Disabilities Professionals Annual Conference “Riding the Wave of the Future!” will be Friday, March 7, and Saturday, March 8, 2014, at the Mohican State Park Resort and Conference Center, 4700 Goon Road, Perrysville, OH 44864. Directions can also be found on the “Planning Your Trip/How to get there” tab at http://www.mohicanstateparklodge.com/.
The content of the conference will appeal to both County Board of DD members and Local School District members.
Bring ideas for OADDP Local Grants, as experienced members will be available to help you fill out the application. See the website for sample grants that might work in your local.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the conclusion of the conference. Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities Professional Development Units are pending.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, March 7, 2014
- 5:00 Registration
- 6:00 Dinner
- 7:00 Welcome – Jené Wilson, Chairperson
- Remarks – Becky Higgins, OEA President
- Kick-off FCPE Drive – Bob Matkowski, OEA LRC
- Friend of DD Award Presentation
- Social Hour
Saturday, March 8, 2014
- 9:00 “So Called Right-to-Work” Legislation – Dan Ramos, OEA Government Relations
- 10:15 Legal Update – Kathy McKinley, OEA Plan Attorney
- 11:45 Legislative Update – Melissa Clark, OEA Government Relations
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:15 “Autism: A New Twist on an Old Diagnosis” – Sue Nelson, Autism Specialist, Lake County
- 2:30 OADDP Annual Meeting – Election of Officers
- 3:00 Wrap-up
- Stay-to-the-End Raffle for a Kindle Fire
Door Prizes! — Friends! — Fun!
Registration is limited – register early! Registration cost will be $21.00 for members and $31.00 for non-members who are eligible to be members, which will also cover the cost of joining OADDP. Admission to all sessions, meals, snacks and two complimentary beverages from the lounge are included with registration. Guests are welcome for $65 to cover the cost of meals.
Register by March 3rd using the OADDP 2014 Conference Registration Form or online, using PayPal or a credit card. Cancellations will be accepted until March 3rd. Anyone who does not cancel by then and does not attend will be billed the cost of the meals. Room reservations must be made separately.*
Each participant must reserve their own lodging. The OADDP group rate is $109, plus tax, for a single or double room, $10.00 additional for a third person. The same rate is available for Saturday night, if you want to make a weekend of it! If you need and ADA room or a room close to the activities, indicate that to the reservation specialist when you book you room. Contact Mohican Resort to make room reservations by February 28th at 1-800-AT A PARK. Mention you want rooms in the OADDP room block.