Materials from the Conference:
Download the Employment First Presentation from Kristen Helling, Ohio Dept of DD.
Visit the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities’ Assistive Technology wiki for more information from the “Using Mobile Technology with Consumers” presentation by Kate Harrison, SLP, Cuyahoga DD.
Pictures from the Conference.
Registration Forms for the 2013 Conference have been mailed to all OADDP members.
- Download OADDP 2013 Conference Registration Information.
- You may download and mail your OADDP 2013 Conference Registration Form.
- OR – Click here for: Online PayPal Registration information.
- For questions or more information, use our Contact Us page and we will get back to you quickly.
The 2013 Ohio Association of Developmental Disabilities Professionals Annual Conference “Riding the Wave of the Future!” will be Friday, March 8, and Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Mohican State Park Resort and Conference Center, 4700 Goon Road, Perrysville, OH 44864. Directions can also be found at http://www.mohicanstateparklodge.com/.
The content of the conference is designed for County Board of DD members; however much of the information will be applicable for Local District members, as well. This is a great opportunity to meet old friends and make new ones.
Members are encouraged to attend the business meeting Saturday afternoon.
Bring ideas for OADDP Local Grants, as experienced members will be available to help you fill out the application. Download a list of past Grants for ideas that might work in your local.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the conclusion of the conference. Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities Professional Development Units have been approved for 5.5 PDUs: Adult Services/Day Habilitation; Early Intervention; Service and Support Administration; Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent (Business/Public Administration Stream); and County Board Members.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, March 8, 2013
- 5:00 Registration
- 6:00 Dinner
- 7:00 Welcome – Jené Wilson, OADDP Chairperson
- Remarks – Patricia Frost-Brooks, OEA President
- OEA Candidates for Statewide Offices
- Kick off- FCPE Drive
- Dan Ramos, OEA Governmental Services
- Bob Matkowski, OEA LRC
- Presentation: OADDP Friend of DD Award – to
Jim Timlin, past OEA Secretary-Treasurer
- 8:00 Social Hour
Saturday, March 9, 2013
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 OEA Candidates for Statewide Offices
- 9:20 Kristen Helling, Program Coordinator, Ohio Department of DD
- 10:20 Legal Update – Kathy McKinley, OEA Plan Attorney
- 12:00 Legislative Update – Melissa Clark, OEA Governmental Services
- 12:45 Lunch
- 1:15 Featured Speaker – “Using Mobile Technology with Consumers”, Kate Harrison, SLP, Cuyahoga DD
- 2:45 OADDP Annual Meeting
- 3:15 Wrap-up & Stay-to-the-End Raffle for a Kindle Fire
Registration is limited – register early! Registration cost will be $21.00 for members and $31.00 for non-members who are eligible to be members, which will also cover the cost of joining OADDP. Admission to all sessions, meals, snacks and two complimentary beverages from the lounge are included with registration. Guests are welcome for $65 to cover the cost of meals. Room reservations must be made separately.*
Register by March 1st . Cancellations will be accepted until March 1st. Anyone who does not cancel by then and does not attend will be billed the cost of the meals.
Each participant must reserve their own lodging. The OADDP group rate is $109, plus tax, for a single or double room, $10.00 additional for a third person. The same rate is available for Saturday night, if you want to make a weekend of it! Contact Mohican Resort to make room reservations by February 25th at 1-800-AT A PARK. Mention you want rooms in the OADDP room block.